Gene Tierney said ‘When my mood was high, I seemed normal, even buoyant. I felt smarter. I had secrets. I could see God in a light bulb’.
Bob Marley once sang ‘Say. I want to give you some good, good loving. Turn your lights down low.’
Where there is light, there is hope and excitement ahead. Human mood is highly sensitive to any changes in light. We all get used to full brightness in lighting, but few of us realize the awesome magic in mood lighting. Dimming lights can soften the environment, which help release stress, ease our mind to enjoy inner peace at home.
And it is easy to accomplish this with the following ideas.
Brighter light will set a cheerful mood, encourage activity and alertness. But the fact is that people don’t like to sit in bright, direct light. So lighting should be focused on walls and points of interest. For example, use light to accent a prized piece of artwork, or an interesting design element of your home. Textures can also be emphasized with light - light reflecting off crystal or metal surfaces can make a room lively. A shadow cast on a wall by direct bright light is another effective technique for creating visual interest. Use of color in lighting can also be effective, if it’s not overdone. Warm colors like red and orange will increase the cheeriness and warmth of a room, and a red light on a red wall will intensify its effect.
Relaxed and intimate feeling can be achieved by lowering overall lighting levels, and subduing colors. Warm, soft light is more flattering to a person’s features, and a few choice lighting accents on the walls or dining table centerpiece can enhance the mood. Here are two tricks for creating a romantic mood: keep upper walls dark, and hide light sources. This will add a touch of mystery to your romantic dinner.
Pre- bed Ritual
Everyone has a pre-bedtime ritual that helps them transition from the alertness of the day to the calm and restfulness of slumber. Lighting has the unique ability to help you on your way toward a good night rest. Lower light levels can transition you from the brightness of day. If you like to read in bed, a bedside lamp can be set at a level just bright enough for comfortable reading. The rest of the bedroom should be much lower, but still bright enough to find your way around.
Sometimes a midnight snack really hits the spot, but if you’re hit with the bright lights of your kitchen it could be a harsh contrast from your dark bedroom, making it difficult to transition back to sleep. You also risk waking up others on your quest for a sandwich or glass of milk. The ideal lighting for a midnight snack would provide just enough light to find your way through the house without stumbling over furniture. Your eyes won’t be pierced with blinding light, and you’ll find your way to the refrigerator and back safely. Motion detectors can light a pathway to the kitchen and back—turning off one after another—following a specified amount of time.
When skillfully applied, lighting can elicit a wide range of emotional responses, making a party more cheerful or a romantic dinner more intimate. Try these ideas to bring simple romance home. Little change will make a difference.
3 responses to “Mood Lighting: 4 Ideas to Bring Romance Home!”
LED Strip Dimmer
- EASY TO OPERATE: Knob-operated control. Just rotate the knob to adjust the brightness.
- EASY INSTALLATION: With DC Jack input and output.
- MAX OUTPUT: 2A Max, 24 Watts at 12V DC, 48 Watts at 24V DC.
- STEPLESS DIMMING: Without blinking; perfect for most 2835/3528/5050 LED light strips or some under cabinets. Please note: It is not compatible with other appliances.
- WIRE LENGTH: 150mm/5.9in in total.
Click to view
6 x 3.5W GU10 LED Bulb,350LM,Warm White
- SAVING MONEY: Ustellar GU10 3.5W LED bulb, a perfect 50W Halogen bulb replacement. Save up to 90% on electricity bill.
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE: Give off 350lm comfortable 3000K Soft White light, with an wide 120 degree beam angle.More vivid and natural lights with high CRI, lightingup your home with exceptional color consistency.
- LONG LIFESPAN: Unique heat-dissipating design to ensure the high heat-dissipating performance. Lifespan is over 50,000 hrs. Save effort and maintenance costs on changing bulbs frequently.
- ECO-FRIENDLY: No mercury or any UV/IR light is contained. With CE and ROHS certifications, these are qualified non-flickering light bulbs safe for your home and the environment.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Standard MR16 Shape with universal GU10 base. The GU10 LED light bulb can be easily screwed onto all standard GU10 fixtures without replacing the whole fixture, and is perfect for living, dining, bedroom and kitchen etc.