Gene Tierney said ‘When my mood was high, I seemed normal, even buoyant. I felt smarter. I had secrets. I could see God in a light bulb’.
Bob Marley once sang ‘Say. I want to give you some good, good loving. Turn your lights down low.’
Where there is light, there is hope and excitement ahead. Human mood is highly sensitive to any changes in light. We all get used to full brightness in lighting, but few of us realize the awesome magic in mood lighting. Dimming lights can soften the environment, which help release stress, ease our mind to enjoy inner peace at home.
And it is easy to accomplish this with the following ideas.
Brighter light will set a cheerful mood, encourage activity and alertness. But the fact is that people don’t like to sit in bright, direct light. So lighting should be focused on walls and points of interest. For example, use light to accent a prized piece of artwork, or an interesting design element of your home. Textures can also be emphasized with light - light reflecting off crystal or metal surfaces can make a room lively. A shadow cast on a wall by direct bright light is another effective technique for creating visual interest. Use of color in lighting can also be effective, if it’s not overdone. Warm colors like red and orange will increase the cheeriness and warmth of a room, and a red light on a red wall will intensify its effect.
Relaxed and intimate feeling can be achieved by lowering overall lighting levels, and subduing colors. Warm, soft light is more flattering to a person’s features, and a few choice lighting accents on the walls or dining table centerpiece can enhance the mood. Here are two tricks for creating a romantic mood: keep upper walls dark, and hide light sources. This will add a touch of mystery to your romantic dinner.
Pre- bed Ritual
Everyone has a pre-bedtime ritual that helps them transition from the alertness of the day to the calm and restfulness of slumber. Lighting has the unique ability to help you on your way toward a good night rest. Lower light levels can transition you from the brightness of day. If you like to read in bed, a bedside lamp can be set at a level just bright enough for comfortable reading. The rest of the bedroom should be much lower, but still bright enough to find your way around.
Sometimes a midnight snack really hits the spot, but if you’re hit with the bright lights of your kitchen it could be a harsh contrast from your dark bedroom, making it difficult to transition back to sleep. You also risk waking up others on your quest for a sandwich or glass of milk. The ideal lighting for a midnight snack would provide just enough light to find your way through the house without stumbling over furniture. Your eyes won’t be pierced with blinding light, and you’ll find your way to the refrigerator and back safely. Motion detectors can light a pathway to the kitchen and back—turning off one after another—following a specified amount of time.
When skillfully applied, lighting can elicit a wide range of emotional responses, making a party more cheerful or a romantic dinner more intimate. Try these ideas to bring simple romance home. Little change will make a difference.
3 responses to “Mood Lighting: 4 Ideas to Bring Romance Home!”
LED Strip Dimmer
- EASY TO OPERATE: Knob-operated control. Just rotate the knob to adjust the brightness.
- EASY INSTALLATION: With DC Jack input and output.
- MAX OUTPUT: 2A Max, 24 Watts at 12V DC, 48 Watts at 24V DC.
- STEPLESS DIMMING: Without blinking; perfect for most 2835/3528/5050 LED light strips or some under cabinets. Please note: It is not compatible with other appliances.
- WIRE LENGTH: 150mm/5.9in in total.
Click to view
Waterproof LED Ceiling Light, 950LM,Warm White
- WATERPROOF: With an IP44 rating, it is well protected from water splashing.You can rest assure that it can works quite well in your bathroom or anyplace with water splashing.
- ECONOMICAL: Replace 100W Incandescent light by one 12W LED flush mount ceiling light, save over 85% on your electricity bill.
- EYE-PROTECTIVE DESIGN: By adopting the milk white housing and qualified LEDs, it lights uniformly without flickering, and protects your eyes from glaring and dazzling rays. No IR or UV radiation.
- SUPER BRIGHT: This LED ceiling light offers you brightness up to 950 lumens, 80+ CRI and high luminous efficiency. You can have it fixed in a room of about 90-130 square foot.
- VERSATILE: It’s also greatly suitable to your kitchen, laundry, garage, basement, walk-in closet, pantry and many places where you needs a bright ceiling light.