FAQ - Novostella Smart Light Strip (EN)
Q1: Can I extend the strip light with one power adapter?
A1: One power adapter only supports 1 x 6M strip light, we do not recommend extending it.
Q2: Unable to find strip light when adding device on the App?
A2: Quickly, repeatedly plug and unplug the strip light 3 times (on-off-on-off-on-off-on) till the strip light enter strobe mode. Follow steps on Part Two to pair strip light to Magic Home Pro App.
Q3: Failure to add strip light during WiFi Connection process.
A3: When adding the light strip device, please:
(1) Confirm that the strip light, smart phone and router are close to each other.
(2) Confirm that both router network and smart phone function well.
(3) Confirm that the router password entered is correct.
(4) Confirm that the device being added is under 2.4 WiFi channel. Enable the broadcast and do not allow to hide Wi-Fi.
(5) Confirm that the router’s encryption method is WPA2-PSK and the authentication type is AES, or both are set up as automatic.
(6) Confirm your Wi-Fi name only contains letters and number, e.g.:abcd1234.
(7) If the amount of your router’s connected devices reaches the limit, please try to turn off some device's Wi-Fi connection and connect again.
(8) If the router enables MAC address filter, please try to remove the device from MAC filter list and make sure the router allows the device to be connected.
Q4: WiFi connection failure. How to change WiFi network to 2.4G?
A4: When adding the device, please check:
(1) If the amount of your router’s connected devices reaches the limit, please try to turn off some device's Wi-Fi connection and connect again.
(2) If the router enables MAC address filter, please try to remove the device from MAC filter list and make sure the router allows the device to be connected.
Q5: Why does the APP require to access the data of memory, camera, files etc from my mobile?
A5: There are functions of Syn with Music, Microphone and Color Capture for this smart light strip.
-To use the Syn with Music function, the app needs permission to access your music file, so that the lighting is able to dance with music beats.
-The Microphone function is to enable audio recording, so that the lighting is able to dance with your voice. The audio is saved to your USB storage and can be deleted or modified through the app.
-To use the Color Capture function, the app needs permission to access your photo file, so that the lighting is able to show the color of the photo you choose. On top of photo file access, you can also choose to take an instant photo for the app to capture the color for lighting. For these photos taken by the app through the camera, they are saved to your USB storage and can be deleted or modified through the app.
These functions WILL NOT delete or modify any of your personal files on USB storage other than those photos taken and audio recorded by the app.
Q6: Is there a music function on the App?
A6: Yes, there is a music function. Please make sure to download the latest version of MagicHome Pro instead of Magic Home.
Q7: My device fails to connect Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa?
A7: When this happens, please check:
(1) Make sure to find and enable the ‘Magic Home ’ skill on your Alexa App.
(2) Make sure you’ve signed in the Magic Home Pro App, and the same account is paired to your Alexa or Google Assistant App.
(3) Try a simple name for your device for easier voice recognition with Alexa or Google Assistant.
(4) Make sure the lighting device and your Amazon Echo or Google Home device are connected to the same WiFi network. If they are not in the same network, Echo or Google Home is unable to detect the lighting device.
(5) If Amazon Cloud Service or Google Cloud Service breaks down, it would result in network disconnection with lighting devices. In this case, please wait and try to reconnect the devices later.
Q8: Is there a white light mode with this light strip?
A8: Yes, there is a white light mode. The white light is made by mixing red, green and blue LEDs. As a result, the mock white light looks similar to solid white light, but still there is slight difference on brightness and CRI.
Q9: Can I use the two waterproof strips separately?
A9: It is not suggested to use the strips separately.
Q10: Can I cut the LED strip? Are there any accessories for reconnection??
A10: There is a scissor mark between every 3 LEDs on the strip. Please find those marks and cut the strip along the marks. For any right-angle position, 4-pin L-clips of 10mm width (not included in the package) are needed for connection.
Not Yet Solved Your Problem?
No worries! Contact us by filling this form for further solutions! Our friendly customer service is more than happy to help.
Leave a Reply
Novostella RGB LED Strip Light kit, 20ft ,RF Remote
【Super Long& Safe to Use】- This 20ft RGB LED light strip includes 180 bright LEDs. And the working voltage is 12V (A UL Listed Power Adaptor is included), extremely Low Heat. Touchable and safety for children.
【Upgraded RF Remote】- 44 key RF remote controller who can be used 360° and more accurate for than IR remote, working distance is up to 40- 45ft, strong Signal even penetrate walls and doors and cabinet, has 20 Colors Options, 8 Light Modes, 6 DIY Keys.
【Easy Installation】- Install it by yourself in seconds. Self-adhesive back with adhesive tape for safe and easy application. Also you can install it with screws(Include), UL & FCC listed for safety and quality assurance.
【Widely Use】- The strip has excellent heat dissipation, making it much more durable. Suitable for indoor lighting and decor. Such as living room, kitchen, under cabinet, dining room, bedroom, upstairs, party decoration, stairway, wedding.
【Standard Kit】- Come with 1X RGB LED strips, 1X UL Listed power adaptor, 1X RF remote controller, 1X LED signal receiver, 12X mounting brackets. Support 30 days money-back guarantee and 12 months free warranty for you.Click to view
LED Strip Dimmer
- EASY TO OPERATE: Knob-operated control. Just rotate the knob to adjust the brightness.
- EASY INSTALLATION: With DC Jack input and output.
- MAX OUTPUT: 2A Max, 24 Watts at 12V DC, 48 Watts at 24V DC.
- STEPLESS DIMMING: Without blinking; perfect for most 2835/3528/5050 LED light strips or some under cabinets. Please note: It is not compatible with other appliances.
- WIRE LENGTH: 150mm/5.9in in total.
Click to view