F A Q
Q 1 : What does 6000K Daylight White mean when choosing a LED light bulb?
6000K refers to the color temperature of a lighting device, which is measured in degrees Kelvin (K). The color temperature of a bulb describes how the light appears when the human eye looks directly at the illuminated bulb.
A light bulb that produces light perceived as yellowish white will have a color temperature of around 2700K. As the color temperature increases to 3000K - 3500K, the color of the light appears less yellow and more white. When the color temperature is 5000K or higher, the light produced appears bluish white. The color temperature of daylight varies, but is often in the 5000K to 7000K range.
Q 2 : What does CRI of a LED light bulb tell us?
CRI refers to the Color Rendering Index. Color rendering describes how a light source makes the color of an object appear to human eyes and how well subtle variations in color shades are revealed. The Color Rendering Index is a scale from 0 to 100 percent indicating how accurate a "given" light source is at rendering color when compared to a "reference" light source.
The higher the CRI is, the better the color rendering ability is. Light sources with a CRI of 85 to 90 are considered good at color rendering. Light sources with a CRI of 90 or higher are excellent at color rendering and should be used for tasks requiring the most accurate color discrimination.
It is important to note that CRI is independent of color temperature. Examples: A 2700K ("warm") color temperature incandescent light source has a CRI of 100. One 5000K ("daylight") color temperature fluorescent light source has a CRI of 75 and another with the same color temperature has a CRI of 90.
Q 3 : Why should we use LED as replacement bulbs?
LED light bulbs, arrays of light emitting diodes in common light bulb shapes, provide increased energy efficiency and longer life compared to incandescent, halogen and most fluorescent and HID light bulbs. LED bulbs have additional advantages including:
- LED bulbs save 75% to 80% on energy costs when substituting LEDs for incandescent or halogen bulbs.
- LED bulbs save "ladder time" of 15 to 30 bulb changes with LEDs compared to incandescent or halogen, and 3 to 5 bulb changes compared to CFLs.
- LED bulbs can provide attractive return on investment for businesses and institutions when both energy and ladder time are included.
- LED bulbs illuminate at full output instantly when turned on.
- LED performance and life expectancy is not affected by frequent or even rapid on-off cycling.
- LEDs are more resistant than incandescent or halogen bulbs to mechanical failure due to shock and vibration.
- LED performance is unaffected and even improves in cold temperatures.
- LED light bulbs produce minimal ultraviolet and infrared radiation.
- LED bulbs contain no mercury.
Q 4 : Can LED bulbs be used on standard dimmers?
If you intend to use an existing incandescent or halogen dimmer to dim your LED light bulbs, be aware of these key points:
LED bulbs will dim with standard dimmers, but the dimming may not be as smooth as with incandescent or halogen. At lower dimming levels, the dimming may not function at all. In addition, unless you buy an LED that specifically indicates it has "warm dimming", then when you dim a standard LED bulb, the color temperature stays the same as at full light output, rather than becoming warmer as it dims.
Q 5 : How does heat affect LED bulbs?
When you hold your hand close to the surface of an illuminated incandescent or halogen bulb you feel heat - radiant heat to be precise. When you do the same with a cluster of LEDs, you don't feel heat.
The spectral output of LEDs for lighting does not contain infrared radiation. Why then you often hear of the need to dissipate heat from LED lamps? And why the elaborate cooling fins that have become a common feature of LED replacement bulbs?
The answer is that while LEDs do not produce infrared radiant heat, they do generate heat at the solid state junction. Too much heat at this junction will lower the life of the LED and reduce light output. The cooling fins perform the task of dissipating this heat.
So, if you use LEDs as replacement bulbs, be aware that light output and rated life will be adversely affected if they are placed inside enclosed or poorly ventilated fixtures where it will be difficult to dissipate heat.
We hope these tips can be of some help while you are browsing our products. If you have further questions, please feel free to fill in the following contact form, we will try our best to reply you as soon as possible.
** Information credits: Topbulb
** Image credits: Shutterstock
LED Strip Dimmer
- EASY TO OPERATE: Knob-operated control. Just rotate the knob to adjust the brightness.
- EASY INSTALLATION: With DC Jack input and output.
- MAX OUTPUT: 2A Max, 24 Watts at 12V DC, 48 Watts at 24V DC.
- STEPLESS DIMMING: Without blinking; perfect for most 2835/3528/5050 LED light strips or some under cabinets. Please note: It is not compatible with other appliances.
- WIRE LENGTH: 150mm/5.9in in total.
Click to view
3 x 2W LED Under Cabinet Lighting Kit,510LM,Daylight White
- SUPER BRIGHT: Each light has 170 lumen, the whole set offers 510 lumen in total, which is flexible and perfectly meets normal lighting needs.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT & LONG LIFESPAN: Each puck light equals to a 25W halogen bulb, which helps save over 90% electric power. Total wattage is 6W. Patent heat dissipation design and long working time guaranteed, which greatly reduce maintenance cost.
- 12V LOW WORKING VOLTAGE: By adopting an AC adapter, the working voltage of this under counter lighting is DC 12 V, which is touchable and safe to children, without any electric shock risk. Very safe for household usage.
- VERSATILE: You can add these delicate puck lights to anywhere as desired, such as Closet, Cabinets, Counters, Hutches, Work Bench, Bookcase, Shelf, Utility Rooms, Bath, Jewelry case, Decoration, back lighting etc.
- All KITS Ready & ON/OFF SWITCH: It comes with 3 LED puck lights, a hub and 6 screws, a power adapter with a convenient ON/OFF control button that is easy to turn on/off the lights. These are what you need to set these lights up and keep them running.